Frequently Asked Questions or ... Short hints on how to use the TMF website.
Still under construction...
Do you have a question ... and maybe an answer? Send it to email@example.com
I can not login. What to do?
- If you are a member of the DFG Reserach Unit 816, your PI has registered an account for you. If you are not a member of the RU816, you are not allowed to enter the internal webpages. For special request send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check typing your username and password. Both is case sensitive. User name is firstname.lastname (in lower case).
- Order a new password by the "password lost" button. Log in with the new password that is sent to your deposited email address.
- If your account is invalid or disabled, please contact your subproject PI (see "About us" > "Subprojects" > "Staff"). He/She can check your username, set a new "valid until date" and enable your account.
How to cite ...
... a TMF newsletter?
Example on how to cite
- the newsletter as a whole (the reference to the presitent PDF object) : DFG Research Unit 816 (2011): TMF Newsletter, Issue 13. Laboratory for Climatology and Remote Sensing (LCRS), University of Marburg. doi:10.5678/lcrs/for816.cit.993
- a contribution of the newsletter (the citation of a scientific content): Fiedler, K. (2011): Mothe Megadiversity Developed before the Glacial Age. TMF Newsletter of the DFG Research Unit 816, 12: 8-9. doi:10.5678/lcrs/for816.cit.999
... a dataset?
A scientific correct structure to reference to a dataset (DS) as an online resource is: “DS-Creator/s (Publication year YYYY): DS-Title. Online available (www.tropicalmountainforest.org/data_pre.do?citid=DS-ID) from DFG-FOR816dw. [Date of download: YYYY-MM-DD]”.
Like every reference to an internet resource via URL, you should give the “Date of access” or “Date of download”.
In this way it is easy to trace back whether the dataset had received a new timestamp (“Last updated”) in the meantime as a result of a change, correction or update.
Example: Peters T. and Richter M. (2011): Climate Station Data Pasto Abraham. Available online (www.tropicalmountainforest.org/data_pre.do?citid=970) from DFG-FOR816dw. [Date of download: 2011-07-23].
How to upload and publish in FOR816dw...
... a publication?
You can add publictaions of interest for the research group to the FOR816dw publictaion list. You are free to add only the bibliographic information or to upload as additionally a file containing the text (article, report, book, thesis, poster or presentation).
To add a publictaion you have to be logged in. Use the "Publictaions > Add Publictaion" interface to enter all data. Use the preview function before submitting the form. Publictaions can not be edited afterwards by the user.
... a dataset?
Adding new data to the FOR816dw is done via the "Data > FOR816 data > Add new dataset" interface. You have to choose whether you want to upload tabular data or spatial raster data. In both cases you have to prepare your data files and collect some metadata. A detailed instruction can be found here: "Help > Data Service > Upload and maintenance datasets". There is also described how to add data to an existing dataset, how to fix incorrect data, and how to complete the metadata later.